Monday, August 26, 2013

Why the Name of This Blog?

So, you might be wondering, "What the heck does her blog name mean?" or else, "That blog name is SO cliche." Well, I can't help that :) All I can do is tell you exactly why I have named my Blog "It's Time to Stand."

After getting into a heated debate with one of my friends one evening, I went home and stewed over the fact that she was "so stupid" and wondered to myself how she could possibly have the opinions that were (to me at least) so blatantly wrong, illogical, irrational, and wholly unorthodox.

I know so many people my age who assume that they can "think for themselves" simply because they have opinions that they call "their own." However, the opinions that they have are more often than not spoon-fed to them by the media, Hollywood, as well as other prominent figures in the culture.

As a result of the influence upon young people's minds by the media and other such forces, wrong seems right, light is extinguished, up becomes down, and hypocrisy is applauded. Thus, in an effort to promote logical thinking as well as a different worldview, I have decided to write this blog.

I think it's high time for the youth of the world to begin thinking critically and to really question (for themselves, of course) what they are hearing in the media and such. It is time for the generations of youth to stand against things that  are both subtly and blatantly evil, to stand up for the good in the world, to cease being apathetic about world issues, to defend the liberty of all people, to promote God above all else, and to pursue integrity wholeheartedly.

As well as blogging about various issues that I see in the world (from political to doctrinal), I will  also be blogging some things that I find inspirational, or at least give me a break from the monotony of school. So, please enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment